sábado, 4 de agosto de 2012

Freedom

Breathing in the morning, I think of freedom. Watching the swaying trees in my backyard, I feel freedom. But I can't help but wonder why I have to become what others want of me. My family wants something of me and I want something out of myself. And not to mention what society wants out of me, especially in this country. Even though I form part of the society I was born in, I feel separate from it. I feel the same with my family.

As I ponder on freedom, a sequence of images go through my mind of what I know freedom feels like. A bird breaking free from a cat's deadly claw, a child jumping into a pool without a care in the world, a wild race between friends in a field feeling the wind, crowing in delight when jumping up towards the sky, swimming up towards the surface and taking that refreshing breath of air, riding a horse and letting go of the reigns, dancing until your body says "enough!" but you can't stop. Events and circumstances that make the heart sing, cheeks going red and breathing heavy with laughter and happiness. I need that in my life, in fact, we all need that every single day.

I want freedom for all.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario