jueves, 9 de agosto de 2012

OCD anyone????

The interesting thing about studying psychology is that one meets very interesting people. Or at least they seem interesting and no longer strange, since we know the inner workings of the mind from the very start. But sometimes we meet people who are so strange that they border the line of incredibly original. 

Last night, as I was waiting for the teacher to walk into the classroom I started to think about how I've become more tolerant around people (the only good thing that I can really say I learned well) but this night would be different. This night would be a night were my patience would be tested beyond belief and a confirmation for me that I'm not a true born psychologist. Anyway, enough rambling, the teacher walks in wearing grey (I was reminded of 50 Shades of Grey, disgustingly enough) and she's wired. And I mean really wired. She starts talking about how she thought that the class was later and that she thought that the class was on the first floor instead of the fourth. And as she started to speak I had the feeling that something weird was happening, and for a psychology student saying weird it means that it was weird. She says to us "Don't touch me, don't hug  me, don't shake my hand. I hyperventilate." and she started to breath hard (apparently she hyperventilates for everything). 
Then as she proceeded to tell us what the class for the next 4 months was going to be like she ended each sentence with "Blah, blah blah, you know." This is the moment when I thought to myself  I don't know if she wants to be cool or she simply doesn't care about the class. I was oddly reminded of Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory for a moment when she commented that she counted every time the times the traffic lights change from green to yellow, smiling in a very "I NEED TO SEEM NORMAL" sort of way after telling all of her stories. And what I find most interesting is that she specializes in teenagers (think about that one).

Now I know that she might be different when treating her patients, but for me, I don't think that ending each sentence with "Blah, blah, blah, you know." and smiling in a way that makes it look like her face hurts all the time will probably not help me in class. I've had difficult teachers in the past, but this one takes the gold medal (flowers included). 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario